Today’s guest is Claire Bullen, beer writer, cookbook author, and Editor in Chief of Good Beer Hunting.
We start by talking about Claire’s newest role as Editor in Chief of Good Beer Hunting, how being a writer for the site helped prepare her for the role, and the best bit of the job so far.
We also discuss her award-winning cookbook, The Beer Lover’s Table, her favorite recipe from the book and how it feels to have her work recognized. (See below for a list of Claire’s recent awards!)
Then Claire reflects on what first got her into beer and what she enjoys most about being a part of the beer industry.
Here she is…
Claire’s recent awards:
North American Guild of Beer Writers 2019 Awards
- Best Book for The Beer Lover’s Table
- Best Technical Writing for An Uncharted Wilderness — Understanding Hop Compound Biotransformation in Good Beer Hunting
- Best Beer & Travel Writing for A Slingshot Against the Colossus — Exploring Croatia’s Rising Beer Scene in Good Beer Hunting
British Guild of Beer Writers 2019 Awards
- Gold Award for Best Beer & Travel Writer
- Silver Award for Best Beer Writer, National Media
Image from Claire Bullen